German Nico Rosberg arrived in first place at Monza's F1 championship after Lewis Hamilton lost the pole position to his Mercedes team mate. Sebastian Vettel, driving a Ferrari, took third place followed by Kimi Raikkonen.
Hamilton had a bad start, slipping down to sixth position after the first lap and, even though he managed to claw his way back to the second place, he could not overtake Rosberg. The German Mercedes driver had also won the previous engagement of the season, the Belgian Grand Prix at the end of August.
After Italy's prestigious race, Lewis Hamilton still holds first place in the general standings, while Rosberg is second and Australian Daniel Ricciardo, of team Red Bull, is third.
More Milan Insights...
- Happy New Year from Milan!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMilan.com
- Ibizan jewellery for Dolce&Gabbana
- Winter sales 2017 in Milan
- Befana flies over Milan tonight
- What's on at Christmas & New Year in Milan 2016-17