Ryanair is set to increase its already expensive charges for hold luggage, with an estimated £25-£35 per bag per flight in peak season (June to September) and £15-£20 in the remainder of the year.
Mr O'Leary, the airline's chief executive, says that charges should be higher at peak times as that's when travellers are likely to have more bags. He continued to say that prices would go up until there were no more hold bags, and that reducing the proportion of passengers who checked in bags from around 80% to 19% has saved the company lots of money.
Let's hope they (and other airlines) don't start charging for hand luggage...
Don't forget if you are checking bags in, do it on line as oppose to at the airport as it will work out cheaper.
More Milan Insights...
- Happy New Year from Milan!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMilan.com
- Ibizan jewellery for Dolce&Gabbana
- Winter sales 2017 in Milan
- Befana flies over Milan tonight
- What's on at Christmas & New Year in Milan 2016-17